OLC #3: Dear Michelle Williams

Open Letters to Celebrities #3



Dear Michelle Williams,

When did you suddenly get so gorgeous?  I mean, I grew up watching you on Dawson’s Creek like anyone who was aged 12-30 in the 90s.  You were cute and clearly talented, but at that time I was all about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sarah-Michelle-Gellar-and-David-Boreanaz-WHOA!*  
Years later, when the Greatest Showman came out, I went to see it with a friend and didn’t know who all was in it besides Hugh-Jackman-WHOA!  Then, when you stepped onto the screen, I was all like, “Wow, where did they find such a beautiful lady who can sing to play opposite Hugh-Jackman-WHOA!?”  Then after some squinting and studying, I realized it was you.
And I was like, “Holy monkey, when did Michelle Williams get so beautiful and elegant and gorgeous?”  Then I came up with an epiphany.  I remembered this episode of the Rachel Ray show where one of those middle-aged studs (was it Clooney or Stamos?) made some mention of a fan saying that they belonged to a kind of club of male celebrities who look hotter as they age.  THERE ARE FEMALE CELEBRITIES WHO LOOK EVEN BETTER WITH AGE TOO!
Then a list of other female celebrities began to run in my mind’s eye.  Remember Jennifer Aniston when she played Jeannie Bueller in the TV series version of Ferris Bueller back in 1990?  I do.  Somehow, nearly 30 years later, she looks better than ever, don’t you think? Did you ever notice Jaime-Lee-Curtis somehow looks EXACTLY THE SAMEas she did in 1983’s Trading Places except for the platinum hair?  And finally, I remembered a much beloved woman in my own family who, in my opinion, looks better now than she did in her 1950s(?) wedding photo.
Thank you for teaching me two amazing and valuable lessons:  1) Women can look more beautiful as they mature every bit as much as men can.  2) The only prime of your life is NOW.  And you taught me all that, Michelle-Williams-WHOA!

Thanks,
Jupiter Sixx



P.S. 1
Would it be weird if I named a future cat after you? 🐈

P.S. 2
Would it also be weird if I asked you to be this particular cat’s godparent?👼

*I just wanted to make note that all of the “WHOA” business is a reference to the movie Say Anything, where a young lady with a love for air quotes thanked Diane for challenging her to do better in school.

** Also, the pictures are of of my Himalayan cat Madeline, who also looks more beautiful with age, don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts